Thursday, July 24, 2008

He's Here!!!



He is finally here! And we FINALLY decided on the name Jonas Robert (yeah I know Aaron won) He was born July 22 at 1:40am. He just missed Emma's birthday. He weighed 8lbs 13oz and was 20 inches long. He is a big boy!! He came fast too. I felt like it was time to go around 8pm. Aaron was planning on working that night so he was asleep. I thought I would let him sleep and just get things ready just in case. I had been feeling contractions for days now and they would usually stop after a few hours...so I didn't think it would really happen. But before it was even 9pm I was having some pretty strong contractions and decided to tell Aaron it was time to go. We quickly got the girls over to our neighbors (thanks again Shari!!) and we left for the hospital. I started having really bad contractions right away, but had to wait for blood work and such to get the epidural. Finally I got it around 10:30 11ish, but unfortunately it didn't work and by then it was too late anyway because he was coming!! Luckily I only had to push for about 5 min and he was here!! The girls really like to have him home now...ok maybe Abby more than Emma! Abby has been such a good little helper, but Emma isnt really interested just yet and she insists that his name is Mason. We are still trying to adjust to 3 kids. So far its a bit crazy, but hopefully we will get some sort of routine down. I think Jonas looks like Aaron. He looks a lot like Abby did. Right now we are just enjoying having Jonas here!!

8 comments:

Nicole said...

Congrats, you cute little family! Let me know when you figure out the whole 3 kids thing -- Boone and I still don't know WHAT we're doing:)

Julie said...

Congratulations! I was wondering if he had come yet. I am so happy he is here! Enjoy this happy time!

Amy said...

Congrats Aaron, I'm just wondering if you named him after the weezer song. Either way that seems like a good name that isn't used too much.
-Ryan

Jonathan and Rachel said...

Congratulations!! I can't wait to come and see him! Sorry we were out of town ... just so you know -- Jonas Bush -- at church is:
"Robert Jonas Bush" :) He is ADORABLE!! I hope you're feeling okay! Much Love - Rach

Darla said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! That is such great news! Can't wait to see you in Salt Lake so I can hold him! Love you!

Bastianclan said...

Congrats how fun. He is so cute. I love the picutre with Abby and her little brother how cute is that. I can't wait to meet him. Let me know if you need anything.

Stephanie said...

He is adorable! It's always better when they come faster, then dragging it out. Just so you know, with Jordan, my epidural didn't work either. I was like...what are you giving me, WATER! But it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, and it didn't sound like it was too bad for you either since you sound so sweet about it! I'm glad everything went well, and don't worry, Emma will come around. Karlee was the same way at first, but now she begging me to have another baby, so she can hold it. Warning: watch out for Karlee, she will be stocking you and the baby at church!;) Congrats again!

Correa Family said...

He looks soooo much like Aaron! We are so happy for you guys! Let us know if you need anything! Congratulations!