Friday, September 26, 2008

what is going on????

I wish I would have taken some pictures of the craziness going on here in Georgia. We have NO gas. I didn't realize what the heck was going on until it was almost too late. I went visiting teaching on Wednesday and while we were out and about making our rounds I became very low on gas in fact on the way home the thing that tells us how many more miles until we are out became just a star...so I was OUT!! But I didn't worry because I thought that there is a gas station very close to my house I will just fill up on my way out again. Well the next day I had a dentist appointment so I of course took Aaron's car (the van was out of gas) and noticed all the gas stations on the way there all had zeros where the price of gas should be. Didn't think anything about it just thought it was crazy that there were really REALLY long lines at some of the stations. Well I called aaron to ask if he wanted me to fill up his car on my way home(the gas light just went on) he said no because he would be on base that night and would do it on his way to work. Well we had Abby's soccer game that night too (and its pretty far away) so we looked and looked and no gas ANYWHERE. I dont know how we made it there and back but we did. Today Aaron called to tell me a gas station that had gas. So I hurried over there. The van barely made it up the hill. I had to wait in a long line, but finally got the gas we really needed. What is going on. I have never ever seen anything like this before...its sooo crazy!! Lets just say that we aren't going to be going out much until things get better.

2 comments:

Correa Family said...

Yeah, I started noticing that a few days before I left. It's because of hurricane Ike. They shut down the oil refineries in Texas so now there is a shortage on refined gas. Or I think that's how Mario explained it to me. Glad you finally found gas! There's gas here in Idaho, I think that problem is only in the south.

Jana said...

scary. do you guys know how to ciphon?
(that is probably spelled wrong)