Tuesday, August 4, 2009

a week to go

Our computer hasnt been working like it should lately. So I have been going for weeks now not being able to look at blogs or much of anything else. The only things that work are my email and facebook...awesome. So now it decided to work and im going to do a little updating

This might get a little long
and aaron left me with a really crappy camera so the pictures...well you will see...they arent great at all!

So these last few months have been an...adventure to say the least. We started our trip in Utah which was a lot of fun and was so good to see my family. We also got to see my parents new house. The down side of the trip was it decided to rain pretty much every day we were there. So no swimming for us (sure glad I packed all the swimming gear) And luckily i packed some jeans because it sure was cold...IT WAS JUNE and i was freezing most of the time! I had so much help with the kids and it was soooo nice. I stayed up late playing games with my family and sam (who is pretty much family) and I didnt realize that a game of monopoly could get so heated (nick). FUN FUN FUN!! While we were there Jonas learned to walk. The week we got there...so aaron missed it by just a week. While I was there I got to see my brother nick graduate from high school and also my other brother peyton got baptized as well. So it was so awesome to get to be there for all of that.

Jonas also found a love for the thinking chair (from blues clues) and you could most likely find him here. Sure wish we had stayed longer because the next few months just get better:)

July is a big month for us. The kids birthdays all come in the same week...i know and no we didnt plan it that way..although i think we could hold some kind of record. First came Emmas on the 21st. She is now 3 although if you ask her she is 7 (its always 7 no matter how many times you ask) We had their big combined birthday party that day. The kids loved it and i will just say this that icecream cone looking cupcakes might seem easy, but was soooo not worth it...or maybe i just made too many (there were 23 kids...and thats not counting the babies or the moms or my own kids)!! My friend Sherrie took pictures (i wasnt about to have a day such as this remembered with the camera i had..plus it can only hold like 10 pictures at a time and who takes just 10 pictures? So thanks so much Sherrie (her better than mine pictures coming soon)


She also took some pics of the kids. you can go here to check them out. She did such a good job and that proved to be yet another adventure. First while we were trying to get the girls into another outfit I discovered that Emma had stepped into poop and had gotten on a few of the clothes now. And of course I forgot the diaper bag!! So i used a blanket to clean them as much as i could. Then Jonas found more and decided to squish it in all his fingers (if you go look at the pics one of them shows it in his hand) and yes no wipes or anything. I had run to the car to search there and still nothing. So i went to the bathroom there to see if they had paper towels...nope. So i did the best i could with toilet paper. and tried really really hard not to throw up in the process...ANYWAY sherrie was such a good friend and ran him to the bathroom and tried to clean his hands (and forehead) off as best as she could with just the water and no soap or towels. Thanks AGAIN sherrie!! Maybe we will try again when Aaron gets back and do an actual family photo...are you up for it again sherrie? hehehe

So Jonas' first birthday was the 22nd. We spent the day at the pool. And it was perfect. I cant believe he is already 1!! I feel like it was just yesterday that we brought him home from the hospital!! He is amazing. I love this little boy so much. I love the girls too, but Jonas just can find a way to melt my heart. He is so cuddly and sweet. Until it comes to food and he will fight you to the death if he knows you have something. But he will also let you know if he doesnt like something and will spit it right back at you. I have found all kids of yummy things in my hair and on my shirt lately:)

Then Abby's came on the 28th. We got all their check ups with the doctor done this day. Abby left with one shot and jonas got 3...happy birthday abby:) it was one of those days, but i felt i HAD to do something. It was of course her birthday and you only turn 5 once. So I asked some friends if they were willing to brave the craziness of my kids in a restraunt and they agreed. We went to red robin (or the balloon store as my kids like to call it) And abby loved that they sang to her (and emma) and brought her her very own ice cream. yea!!! success!! Thanks again davis'!!

Now we are just getting ready for Abby to start school. She will be in kindergarten!! I CANT WAIT!:) That same day Grandma Vi (aarons mom) is coming to stay with us. She will be here watching the kids while I get to go see aaron for a whole week!!! Aaron and I havent been on a vacation just the two of us since our honeymoon...so we are ready for a "just us" vacation. I am so excited!! I was really nervous at first because i havent ever left our kids with anyone but aaron and i, but im sure they will be fine and im ready to go!!! can you tell i have been with them by myself for a little too long (or am i just a horrible mom??) either way I cant wait!

We are ready to have our daddy back!! I think the kids might be just as ready as me. Since today the girls told me they didnt like me because i got mad at them (that was because they would not clean the playroom) and that they didnt want to be here with me and that they wanted to go to marios (a neighbor friend) to stay until daddy came home. did i mention that they are 5 and 3!! I cant say that it has been all bad. We have done a lot of fun things in the last few months. I have spent a lot of time with my kids and that truly (as hard an exhausting as its been) has been a blessing. They are so funny and I love them soooo much! Emma is Hilarious Abby is so smart and Jonas is so sweet and goofy. And we have been blessed with good friends that have helped me soooo much! Thanks everyone!!!

Now just one more week to go!!!

here are a few more pics of the kids. Abby loved her new goggles..or gobbles is what she called them. She wore them everywhere...even to bed!! funny girl. And then jonas i think got tired (literally) of me ignoring him and just crashed on the floor...while at the same time emma found a nice bed on the table in the playroom. silly kids!!


3 comments:

Darla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Winn Family said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE! So sad about the poo---that's super unfortunate..but the pics were really sooooooooo cute! You're party for the kids was awesome--and the cakes were so cute! I can't believe Abby and Kade go to school on Monday! I know the bus isn't new for you this year--but it's what I'm most scared for!!! YIKES. Anyway--YAY that you get to go to Jordan--i still can't believe it! FUN! have such a great time!c

ViP said...

Aren't my grandkids precious? When I went to take care of them so that Megan could join Aaron in Jordan, memories of being a young mother came flooding back. I had not worked that hard in a very loooong time! I have new-found respect for all you mothers out there raising little ones. But you know what...I would do it all over again. Thank you for asking me to watch your children. It was a fun adventure.
xoxoxo, Grandma Vi