Tuesday, August 25, 2009

aqaba

our last days were spent in aqaba and was a perfect ending to an already super fabulous vacation! We spent two nights in pure bliss. We got to our hotel after our tour through the desert in wadi rum. It was right on the red sea and once again we were upgraded to a suite. This was by far THE nicest hotel I have EVER been in (and aaron has treated me to some very nice hotels in the past) We had our own living room, kitchen, a balcony that had a great view of the red sea and TWO bathrooms...who needs two bathrooms (seriously). After getting settled we walked around for a bit. We went up to the flag there (well because its supposed to be the second tallest flagpole in the world) and came across this old castle so we walked around there for a bit. Once we had enough we went back to just eat and relax. The next morning we headed out to do a little snorkeling. Aaron is really big into ocean stuff and even more so since we got that salt water tank so he was dying to go and being the awesome wife that I am knew just how happy it would make him and agreed to go. I am terrified of ALL things ocean. I think the ocean is beautiful and the things that live in it are great, but I will NOT ever go in it. I just hate the thought of not knowing what you are swimming with and...well I am scared of fish. I wont even put my finger in our fish tank at home its that bad. So we got all our gear and I (after a lot of persuading on aarons part) got in the ocean. I scraped my knee on some coral and felt like I couldn't breath with the mask on. freaked out and got out as fast as I could and was very content to watch Aaron swim around from the dock:) Aaron loved it though and was a happy boy even though I am sure he wished he didn't have such a crazy wife. We walked around some more that night and would see people just walking their camels down the street....it was AWESOME!!! we just continued to relax and it was great.... if we didn't miss our kids so much at that point I could have stayed there for a very long time!!!

We drove back to Amman and got ready to go home. We missed the kids so much and it was hard to be away from them for so long, but the trip was AMAZING and I absolutely LOVED every moment of it. Thanks to all of you that helped us out these last few months while aaron was away and while we were both gone. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! We have been truly blessed with such good people in our lives.

Also a little side note that I am really excited about.... Flying home (aaron and I flew separately) I stopped in paris ( my #1 on places I want to visit of course) and I asked for a window seat so that I could see paris as I flew in and out and I actually saw the eiffel tower. We flew so close and I got so excited I am sure I looked like a complete freak to everyone else on the plane. I was so excited that I actually walked out of the airport just to walk back in so that I had to go through customs again JUST so that I could get a stamp on my passport to prove that I saw the actual eiffel tower.... pathetic I know!!
driving along the red sea. on the other side is egypt..that will be another trip:)

watching aaron from a safe distance:)

the castle ruins. unfortunately this is the only one we have that actually shows the castle...I really am happy to be there... im tired of having to be the only one in ALL our pictures

second tallest flagpole in the world

the view from our room

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Okay, I've been reading all the updates, and you guys win the "Coolest Vacation of the Year Award" hands down.

So unique and just plain awesome! Myrtle Beach looks pathetic now;)

P.S. I totally would have gone through customs to get a Paris stamp in my passport.

Jessica said...

Lucky!

Jay and Sherrie said...

So awesome!

stephanie said...

it looks like you've had an amazing time!

Bart and Misty Brimhall said...

I am fiercly jealous, but so glad you got to do all that!! It just sounds amazing!! Maybe next trip you'll actually get to stay in Paris!