Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Aaron

So this past Saturday turned out to be a very eventful saturday. We had planned on a BBQ with some friends and date night for Aaron and I that night...was supposed to be a good day. I woke up just really REALLY wanting this baby out. I kept thinking I just REALLY want to go to the hospital today, but I had some yummy ribs and a date with aaron to look forward to. Aaron went over to another friends to help with the yard before we were to have our BBQ. Lovingly he took the girls and I got some time to get a few things done while Jonas took a nap. Then I got a phone call saying Aaron hit his head and needed to go to the hospital. Apparently, he was digging a ditch and jumped out to get something ran around the tractor and as he came around didn't see the bucket of the tractor high above him and hit it (while running) with his head. He says he remembers hitting and then looking up from the ground and the gush of blood. So I took him to the ER after our friends had to bring him home and take jonas because our car wouldn't start (what are the chances). 3 hours and 6 staples (yes, STAPLES...GROSS) later Aaron was still determined to take me out for dinner. He is amazing I know...or he was mad that he didn't get to eat the ribs that we had to cancel because of our trip to the ER..either way I love him...staples and all.



So for 10 whole days he gets to wear his new jewelry and hopefully the NEXT time we find ourselves at the hospital will be for me:) and I have learned to be careful what you wish for...sorry aaron.

6 comments:

Jonathan and Rachel said...

yousers! glad that he's o-k ... but hope his head feels better soon!

Jessica said...

Sick.

And sorry you didn't get to go to the hospital yourself.

Jennifer Sharpe said...

Poor guy! At least he's okay!

Layne and Lorrie said...

Ohhhhhhhhh - OUCH! I'm so sorry! You can still see the scar on Kavan's head where it was stapled, because his hair doesn't grow there anymore. He thinks it's totally cool! He calls himself "boo-boo man." Anyway, I hope Aaron is doing okay - and you too! :)

Shari Davis said...

YIKES!! Really Aaron!?!?!? You didn't see that big ole tractor right there?!?!? Just kidding! That was really nice of him to still take you on that date. Miss you!

Michelle C said...

yikes! David had to get staples in his head 2 years ago! Skateboarding accident. Pretty yucky!