Monday, August 23, 2010

confession of sorts

Last night we were in Jonas' room trying desperately to get the kids to bed after a very long day. We had one sick boy, lots of girly melt downs (some being my own), a messy house, I hadn't taken a shower since the day before yesterday (very gross i know). Things were chaotic to say the least. And yet I still had a very strong urge to have another baby. I think just admitting that should tell you that I am very crazy and something might be seriously wrong. I just sat for a moment holding my barely 3 month old who didn't want to nap all day (didn't realize how key the swing was for naps until the batteries died and of course had to die on a sunday so i couldn't run to the store to get more). I sat there watching Aaron play with the other crazy 3 kids and I just felt like someone was missing. I KNOW I AM CRAZY!!

I was for sure 100% we were DONE! and then out of nowhere I want another one and soon! WOW!! maybe that water at church is stronger than we thought (for those of you who don't know what I am talking about there are a LOT of women in our ward that either had a baby or are pregnant this year..a lot like 25 or so.. i really should count cause it would be interesting to get an exact number).

What is wrong with me?!?! isn't 4 kids enough??? i mean really I know they are super cute and have tendencies to melt my heart and make me feel like the luckiest mom in the world, but those who know me lately know that I am a bit on the "I have too many kids crazy" side. With Aaron in the bishopric Sunday's have been hard (thank you to those that have helped so much). And even with Abby and Emma at school the days are still finding themselves to be hectic HAVE YOU MET JONAS???? This boy is beyond crazy. He is into everything (that would have to be a whole other post...i have a lot of stories about the things jonas does on a daily basis). And Noah even with hair to die for he is still only 3 months old!!!

hmmmm maybe I just need to take a nap! SO I guess we will just have to wait and see what our future holds... it MIGHT consist of buying a bigger van:)

5 comments:

Jennifer Sharpe said...

Yeah your crazy!! But as long as you and your husband can handle it, it's fine. Make sure you take a nap though, you might want to sleep on it. Lol!

The Mitchells said...

You're not crazy. Maybe a little bit, but really - can you find a mom who isn't? It's just part of the job description. These chaotic days will be gone soon enough and then you'll have lots of good laughs about them. Later. That's what I keep hearing, so it must be true. ;)

Katie said...

Yes, you are crazy. But my Grandma always says that nothing makes you want a baby more than having a baby. I felt exactly the same way after my boys were born. (I have since gotten over it and will be taking a nice long break before I have another one:)

Shari Davis said...

Holy crud!! Yes you're crazy, but ya know what, you guys make cute babies, you're an awesome mom, Aaron is a great dad, you guys are strong in the Gospel.......The Lord will bless you guys beyond anything you can comprehend. If you feel like you there's another one up there, then you can't deny those promptings. I'll just live vicariously through you!! hahahaha We love your family! The more Pilkington's the better!! :)

ViP said...

Do they make bigger vans? We would love another grandbaby!