Monday, November 14, 2011

emma



Sometimes I wish I could see the world through Emma's eyes. She lives in this crazy care-free world. Emma does things her own way and she doesn't care what anyone thinks. She can't go anywhere without a little lipstick (thank you Grandma Vi) and the world is always so much better with a little glitter. Emma is crazy and spontaneous. When she comes home the first thing she does is start making some kind of "art". She goes through more tape than anyone I know. As soon as I empty a box (like a pasta box, or cereal) she HAS to have it for some kind of project.

Last week we had parent-teacher conferences and Emma's teacher said "emma is...emma" while laughing. I knew exactly what she meant. And its a good thing.

One thing I really love about her is she calls Aaron her prince and has since she could first speak. He will always tell her she is his princess to which she will always reply "you are my prince" and then they will dance while he sings "so this is love". The other day she didn't want him to leave to go to work. Its like that everyday, but this particular day she was determined to make him stay. She had me put the chain on the front door to lock it (i guess the deadbolt wasn't enough to keep him in). Then she stood guard at the door with her pink foam baseball bat. If he came close she let him have it. He somehow finally made it to his car. But she was fast and opened the back door and climbed in. After pulling her out about a dozen times and trying to tie her to a chair in the house and Aaron getting karate chopped while he dragged her back in the house she finally let him leave as long as he kissed her good-bye and promised treats on his way home. He was only about an hour late. but worth it.

I love her.

I also hope her lisp never goes away.

0 comments: